Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hazardous Waste Collection

The Green Santuary Group of the Beverly Unitarian Church will be accepting household hazardous waste - including computer and electronic waste - from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturday in their parking lot at 103rd & Seeley.

All items collected will be taken to Chicago's Household Chemical Disposal and Computer/Electronic Recycling Center.

The following items will be accepted as long as they are properly sealed: antifreeze, used motor oil, old gasoline, oil-based paints, paint thinners, aerosol paints, herbicides, insecticides, pesticides, lawn chemicals, solvents, drain cleaners, cleaning products, pool chemicals, hobby chemicals, mercury-florescent lamps and bulbs, car batteries, computer equipment, televisions and cell phones.

The following items cannot be accepted: water-based paints, freon gas, incandescent bulbs, water-soluble chalk or bio-hazardous waste.

If you have any questions, call Eileen Klees at (773) 238-4221.

Now, GET TO RECYCLIN!!!

3 comments:

  1. Now I wonder if my old 1/4 filled scotch glass sitting on my night stand with a half smoked cigar resting on top would be deamed hazardous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great info. Now I can get rid of the stock-pile I have in my garage! I hope everyone realizes the importance of NOT throwing hazardous things in the garbage. I hope many will participate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they take children? I have to watch my grandkids this weekend and that Tommy sure is hazardous to my health!

    ReplyDelete