Friday, December 4, 2009



Toys for Tots
Motorcycle Parade


Sunday -- December 6 th, 2009
Dan Ryan Woods opens at dawn
83rd & Western
Line-up starts 6:00am
Parade begins at 9:30am
Ends at Lane Tech High School

parking lot on Western.


The 20-mile parade, which runs north along Western Avenue, often lasts up to five hours. It's billed as the largest motorcycle parade in the world.

Riders are required to bring a new toy and spectators are encouraged to do so. (Please, no stuffed animals.) The Marine Corps Reserve will distribute them to those in need.
Toys for Tots Parade - More Information:
If you'd like more information about the Toys for Tots parade, you can call 773-866-8697 or visit them online at the official Toys for Tots Parade website.

Years ago when I saw hundreds of bikers riding down Western I thought my neighborhood was being invaded by some motorcycle gang. Then I thought to myself, DAMN, who did young Tommy piss off now??? But when I saw all these bikers riding with toys on their bikes I looked into it and found what a great cause it is. I'm sure my friend Jim McMahon will be out riding so all you people with 2 wheels out there...Now, GET TO RIDIN, THEN GET TO BLOGGIN!!!

10 comments:

  1. My kids love to watch all the motorcycle! What a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it's for a good cause I hope some of the less then desireable clubs like the Outlaws, Hells Angels, SAMCRO, and AKMC are not in the run.

    Go Toys for Tots!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be out there bright and early. Hope to see everyone there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ill be there... Thanks for the pub, Boss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things vibrating between my legs??? NEVER have passed up the opportunity... to ride in Toys for Tots, I mean... what were you thinking you dirty birdies??? ;+) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does anyone know what is going on at Mt. Greenwood Park with a Santa visit today?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck, thanks, and be safe to all Riders!

    ReplyDelete
  8. St. Christina’s Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony!

    December 17, 2009



    This is truly a favorite event for families to enjoy! All the children in our parish are invited to participate in making an ornament and placing it on our Christmas tree in church. Also, one lucky child will win a drawing for who will flip the switch to officially light our Christmas tree. Parents are asked to stay with their children. For questions, contact Sandi Zoller at 773-837-8276 or Danielle Mirabelli at 773-841-7914.

    6 pm - Parish Center - Ornament Decorating (cookies 'n juice)
    7 pm - Church - Decorate the Tree / Lighting Ceremony

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today's event was for a wonderful cause, however as 1 commenter posted, I'm sure there were some "less than desirable" participants. I'm assuming that most people are aware that some of these 'clubs' are criminal organizations. What I find ironic is that some of these 'clubs' donate toys to kids, while making money selling drugs and guns to kids.

    BEARS finally win!!!!! However did not cover. Hope you bet against 'em Boss

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well from all acocunts the event was a huge success! Nearly 40,000 toys for less fortunate kids. Now if I could figure out a way to hand out an over privileged spoiled little brat for a kid my life would be alot less hectic! Thanks to all who participated... And as for the less desirables that attended, well, I guess they are part of that element that keep alot of MTGers gainfully employed. Im not here to judge, just to spread some cheer. Thanks again, now, GET TO BLOGGIN!

    ReplyDelete